April 19, 2012

Handmade Building Blocks

I wish I could take credit for these blocks but my sister actually made these for my son. I think the are more than adorable so I couldn't help but share!

My sister cut these blocks herself out of scrap wood and sanded them smooth, but I have seen them pre-cut in the craft stores and ready to use. She bought a few story books and cut out squares to decoupage on the blocks then sanded the edges of the paper to make sure all sides were completely smooth so the paper can't peel off.
The blocks are somewhat heavy so I do supervise when my son is playing with them so the window doesn't break on 'accident'!! You can't see that well from the pictures but she also included my son's name on the blocks spelling out his first and last. A very cute and personal idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment