September 17, 2012

Thinking Cap

My oldest son just started kindergarten and really loves it. Everyday he tells me that everything is so much fun but when I ask him what he actually did he says he can’t remember. At least I’m getting a positive reaction! Although he likes it he is still trying to figure the whole thing out – I think!

capscaps

I vividly remember my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Wilson, reminding us to put on our ‘thinking caps’ if we couldn’t remember something. I thought I might try the same tactic on my son so one day when he said he couldn’t remember what he did I said, “You should put on your ‘thinking cap’ and maybe you will remember!”

I didn’t exactly get the response that I was hoping for…..he very effectively stated the obvious and said, “I don’t have one Mommy.”

And so the thinking cap project began. There are so many ideas for caps but this thinking cap has a working light on the top for an extra great effect!

To see the complete instructions for this thinking cap visit my member page at: http://www.instructables.com/member/wold630/

2 comments:

  1. I really love this post! I am an Educational Therapist and this is such a great idea to use with my students. I am going to have to make one for each of my students and have them wear it during therapy sessions. I am going to link to you on my blog. If you do not mind, I would really like to use the photo of JUST the hat on my blog post so that it can be pinned. I will do that tonight, but if you have any objections please let me know and I will take it down.
    http://www.learningfundamentals.us/blog/put-on-your-thinking-cap/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no objections to you using the photo and I'm glad you have found a great use for the cap!!

      Delete