February 17, 2012

Bed Bug Bean Bags

No matter how cold it is my two little boys, ages 2 and 4, absolutely refuse to wear socks around the house. Every time I feel their feet they are literally like ice.

When I put them to bed they often complain that their toes are cold but still don't want to wear socks. So, in an attempt to keep their little tootsies warm, and have a great excuse to sit around and embroider, I made these bed bug heat packs to throw under their covers at night.

I warm them up in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes and they stay warm for about an hour - as long as they stay covered. The boys love them because they get to have bugs in their beds! And I love them because I don't hear about freezing feet anymore!



I call these 'bed bug bean bags' but they are really filled with organic soft wheat. Rice, lentils, dried beans, and split peas also work well to fill something that will be heated in the microwave.


To see step-by-step instructions on how to make these bugs visit http://www.instructables.com/id/Bed-Bug-Bean-Bags/

No comments:

Post a Comment