March 25, 2012

Birthday Cakes

Each year when my boys pick a theme for their birthday cakes each year they seem to get harder. I am posting a few pictures of the ones I have liked over the years. They are so fun to make and my boys love what they get. They are not professional in any way but fun none the less!

cake of cakes

cake of cakes
Angry Birds and Ninjago Cake - On my son's 5th birthday he insisted that he wanted an Angry Birds cake and a Lego Ninjago cake. Since I wasn't going to make two I just added some ninjas in with the birds. He, of course, thought it was the best thing ever!

cake of cakes
Pirate Ship Cake - This cake was my favorite to make out of all that I have made. It is a chocolate layer cake with buttercream frosting for the layers and chocolate frosting for the outside of the pirate ship. I really enjoy trying to use frosting instead of fondant since fondant tastes terrible. We printed the sails and stuck them on wooden kabob sticks. I got the pirate figures from Party City and decorated with malted milk balls, chocolate coins, square pretzels, rolos, mini chocolate bars, and hershey kisses.

When I take my boys to parades or after Halloween I always save the left over candy the doesn't get eaten and use it for decorations on cakes, cupcakes and creations.

Dragon Cupcake Cake - This dragon was out of the Hello, Cupcake! book. It was surprisingly easy to make and I used Hershey chocolate bars for the spikes on its back instead of cookies.

cake of cakes

cake of cakes
Horse Cake with Southwestern Cupcakes and Cookies - This was a cowboy themed party for my son's 1st birthday. I made a simple sheet cake and cut it into the shape of a horse and made decorated southwest themed cookies on top of pudding filled cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment